We have officially experienced our first water and power outages, and thankfully they did not occur at the same time. A tube broke in town and caused us to have no water for a night. The electricity just goes out and we don’t really know why. Both haven’t been too hard to deal with so far.
Things are going smoothly. Classes have been fun except for the occasional bunch that gets a bit out of hand. They still bombard me with hugs when I walk into the classroom, especially, my kids in kindergarten. They are so sweet.
We celebrated a number of birthdays since we arrived in Santa Ana. Out of the 6 of us, there have been 4 birthdays including my own bday celebration. Just today was Monica’s birthday. Happy Birthday Monica!
I feel like things are finally settling in and we are getting used to new schedules and living here on the island. Although, I am always surprised on a daily basis by one thing or another, things have become quite normal. Just last night I was walking out of the Villa (our house) and crossing the minibridge built just in case it might rain, which I’ve heard it never does, when a big brown furry thing moved underneath me. I jumped and at that moment realized it was the big momma pig that hangs around the Villa sometimes. Luckily, I had little Chiqui ("our" dog) there to protect me. She had just been kicked out of the Villa by Alex because she got into our garbage again, but we still love her. Anyway, Chiqui came to my rescue and scared the momma pig away from under the bridge.
It made me laugh to see a tiny “yo quiero Taco Bell” esk dog chasing this huge momma pig away. Thank you Chiqui. I guess she was just watching out for me since I did give her a bath yesterday to try to clean her up. She’s mostly skin and bones, but one of the pickiest starving dogs you’ll ever meet. I’ll be posting a picture of her soon now that she is all cleaned up.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tara, We enjoyed seeing you on skype last Sunday. You are looking AWESOME, "heat glow" and all.
Suggestion from Auntie Maxine for helping Chiqui get rid of fleas etc., feed him garlic tablets.
Can't wait to see more pictures.
Post a Comment