Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It has been so long and so much has happened

I’m back in Granada!!!!

It is has been a long time since my last blog, I know (Sorry Joe and everyone else, I was going to post right after you sent a message). Life has been a little crazy but so much fun. Since I cannot explain everything here are some of the highlights: during the past 4 1/2 weeks or so I took midterms (they serious stuff here, pretty much half of your grade), went to a Shakira concert with Kareen in Granada where Spaniards love doing the wave, visited Courtney and her family and met up with Spanish friends in Madrid, flew to Athens, saw the Acropolis, took a ferry to Mykonos and stayed there for 2 days, took a ferry to Ios, stayed in Ios for one night, took a ferry to Santorini and stayed there for 2 days, took a ferry back to Athens, stayed there for 2 nights, flew back to Granada, took another midterm the next day, gave a presentation, took a trip to Morocco for the weekend, came back to Granada, went to the Alpujarras (mountain towns in the province of Granada), went to a bull fight, and now I am here and so happy to have my bed and clean clothes. Friday morning Courtney, Laura, Ray, and I fly to northern Spain (Pais Vasco) for a 5 day trip to San Sebastian and Bilbao.

Also a few exciting things that I have done include riding a donkey up a cliff in Greece, watching the sunset over the Aegean Sea, climbing a volcano, jumping off a pirate ship in order to swim in the hot springs in the Aegean Sea, hanging out at a bonfire on a black sand beach under the stars, driving around Santorini in a small European car, sunbathing on a red volcanic beach, visiting the site of the first democracy and Socrates and Plato’s playground, hanging out with friends on the roof top while eating roast lamb and drinking Mythos with a view of the Acropolis, riding a camel in Africa, learning that home cooked spaghetti does not come without expectations, dancing with sparklers and confetti in Ios, and the stories keep coming. Here are a few pictures of my adventures; hopefully they will help explain all that has gone on in the past month and make up for my lack of posts and more pictures will be coming soon (I do have to do a little homework).

Kat and I with the Acropolis

Me with the Aegean Sea and the Red Beach in the background.


Courtney and I riding camels in Morocco. They were so much fun, but a little smelly.

3 comments:

nacho said...

holy wow you've been busy! i think you've done more since you first arrive in spain than most people do in their life.

i am still so envious of all that you do, and am glad to be able to hear your accounts of it. cuando regreses, tendremos que hablar mucho sobre el viaje!

diviertate.

Anonymous said...

A bullfight????

A pirate ship???

A camel ride in Africa?

WOW!!!

I want more details and more pictures! Your adventures are simply incredible, and you look like you are having SO much fun! What a wonderful experience!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara Glad to see you are having a great Time and oh yeah nice Camels Looks like it was fun
so do you actually go to school cuz it looks like you have no time for school lol
Cya Soon Love Joe and fam