For the break we had from April 27 to May 1, Courtney, Ray, Laura, and I went to northern
Spain to see Pais Vasco. It was so beautiful!! and green, imagine that a place in
Spain where there are forests and trees and a gold sandy beach all in one. We could have practically jumped the border to
France because we were so close. For 4 nights, we stayed in a great hostel and met some really cool Aussies who I am going to meet up in
Valencia with after my program ends in
Granada. We also took a day trip to the
Guggenheim Museum in
Bilbao and also found a beautiful park. In the hostel, we were able to cook our own meals, which were so yummy; we had nachos and pizza and pasta, all the favorites. I also ate the most disgusting thing ever that the Spanish think is a delicacy, SEA URCHINS. They were disgusting, definitely not worth the 12euros, thank goodness they were free. On Wednesday we flew back to
Granada for a day and a half of class.
Then on Thursday we decided to leave for Portugal early, a.k.a. 10 at night. We took a road trip from Granada to Lagos, Portugal (Southern Portugal), which took a total of 6 hours (really 5, but including 1 hour of getting lost and stopping for gas). It was us five girls (Whitney, Laura, Ray, Courtney, and myself) on the road. We stayed at a hostel just minutes away from the beach. Friday and Saturday we sunbathed and swam in the Atlantic Ocean and took a boat ride that took us into caves and showed us various cliffs that looked like animals and bananas. Lagos’ beaches were amazing, with beautiful cliffs that surrounded each beach making it our own for the day. At our hostel, Mama and Papa (the owners) cooked fresh crepes every morning, as much as you could eat, they were so delicious. Sunday morning we left for Granada and on our way back we stopped at Faro. Faro had soft golden sand beaches but we had to cross a bog to get there. We made it back safe and sound to Granada Sunday evening and a little sun burnt, but oh so happy. It was one of the best trips so far.
This weekend our program has an excursion to Ronda and Grazalema planned. In less than one month I will be home, I cannot believe how fast this semester had flown by. Hasta luego.

Me, Courtney, Ray and Laura at the Guggenheim Museum

The disgusting sea urchins. Yuck!!

Ray and I with the amazing Aussies.

Road trip to Portugal.
(Laura, Courtney, Whitney, Ray and me)

Ray and I found a cool starfish.

Courtney and I at a beach in Lagos.

The girls in downtown Lagos for the day.
(Me, Ray, Whitney and Courtney)
No comments:
Post a Comment