El pasito – a.k.a. the Electric Slide
This month has been filled with birthdays. Last weekend I went to a birthday party for one of my friends. She is the roommate of one of the English Professors at DUOC. They are both really great and funny. I went over to their apartment for her birthday party in the evening.
There were about 10 people there and they were playing the guitar and teaching me Chilean folk songs. Then they turned on music and we started dancing. My friend Carolina (the English professor) put on a Gretchen Wilson song and we started laughing and dancing to it. Everyone at the party began asking me how Americans danced to country music. I replied 'in a line' so I then proceeded to teach them the Electric Slide in a tiny apartment to the song "Redneck Woman". The Chileans loved it. They kept practicing it and asking me how to do it until they got it right. They also told me how complicated it was, haha. I laughed since they apparently have never tried to learn how to samba from a group of Brazilians in front of people. The best part was that they kept doing the Electric Slide to every song no matter what type of music it was. At one point, we were dancing the Electric Slide to Britney Spears. I laughed really hard.
Who knew that all you have to do is teach the Electric Slide to some Chileans to get everyone laughing and having a good time. I laughed a lot that night.
P.S. Thanks Mom for teaching me the Electric Slide, it only took a trip to Chile to finally put it to good use.
No comments:
Post a Comment