So this week flew by. I have had class everyday, grammar, grammar, grammar, but today when we usually have “grammar time” we listened to Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie” but in Spanish. We had to find missing words then sing it and then the third time we all danced to it with our professor. It was so much fun. (The intensivo classes are taught by two different professors. Alfonso teaches conversation skills/grammar for 2 hours and then we have a break. Then Luisa comes in and teaches straight grammar for 2 hours.) Today with Alfonso we talked about our interviews. We had to interview/converse with a Spaniard and ask them questions about their life and future like “do you want to have kids someday?” It was a little awkward after first meeting someone to ask if they wanted to get married and if they had a boyfriend/girlfriend. I went up to 3 girls in a bar while we were hanging out between classes. It definitely took some guts but they were really sweet and helped me out.
Yesterday, a group of us from our program booked a trip to Cadiz for Carnival for 2 days (in Feb). It is supposed to be a site to be seen. I am really excited. I have not planned spring break yet but I think I will use a travel agency because they usually have specials like the one that we got for Cadiz. After we went to the travel agency to book the trip to Cadiz I ran into a friend from high school (Denae H.) It was so weird. She yelled out my name on the street. She is in Granada for her mission trip. Small world, who would have thought I would see someone that I have not see in 2 1/2 years in Granada.
Tonight some friends and I are planning to go out to Camborio (a discoteca) in Sacromonte. Tomorrow our program is going to Alhambra. I am so excited. I will have more pictures up soon. Next week I have our final test for our intensivo. After that it is off to Rome and then we start our classes for the rest of the semester. I cannot believe I have been here for almost 3 weeks.
Also, there is hope for clarinet lessons. I went back and talked to the secretary at the school and I am going to speak with the clarinet professor on Monday. I started practicing again last Monday, after 3 weeks of not playing. I felt like and eighth grader again, so painful but it will get better.
I have heard about the snow at home. Hope everyone was safe and warm. I sent out my address to everyone so if you did not get it just let me know.
Hasta luego,
Tara
4 comments:
sounds like you're pretty busy. You're not missing anything around here, except maybe stupid people trying to drive around on ice....
you know, this site acts kind of funny sometimes, so if you don't get a lot of responses sometimes, I'll bet that's why. Sometimes this thing won't accept my password, and I know it's right, because I use the same one for everything. Just so you know.
How fun with the dancing in class! Something you'll remember more than 2 hours of grammar exercises!
Small world indeed, when you run into someone from here in Granada, of all places. But I'll bet it was a thrill.
the world is indeed small, which is why so many should be out travelling.
yay band! er, clarinet. igual, no? again, i can barely get over how committed you are to music. it helps that you are a very good musician, too. because you are.
que suerte tienes para bailar en clase! some of my co workers like to dance salsa and bars/restaraunts in seattle. i was invited but already had plans. one of these days i'll get on the dance floor and "feel the rhythm" as they say. i'll make sure to let you know alllllllllllllllll about it.
keep up the good writing and photography! nos encanta ver lo que haces. y te prometo escribir por escrito pronto. ciao!
Post a Comment