Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pictures of Alhambra, snow, Catedral


Me and the beautiful view from the lookout tower at the Alhambra.

Granada and all its white houses.
Plaza of the Lions in the Alhambra. To the right is the entrance to the Sultan's quaters and straight ahead is where his wives lived.
A garden within the Alhambra. There were even fish in the pond.

Everything inside the Alhambra looks like this up close. The muslims decorated walls, ceilings, everything with intricate detailing. It is amazing.

This is in the Alhambra. Commoners met the Sultan here.

Courtney and I in the snow. It snowed the past 2 days but did not stick.

PS It is amazingly slippery on the sidewalks in Granada when it snows or rains.

What it looked like when we first walked in...HUGE (Catedral)

Organs in the Catedral. I wish I could play them.

I am definitely coming back to the Catedral and taking more pictures.
(Picture of the main alter)

2 comments:

nacho said...

those photos are absolutely gorgeous. i can only try to attempt to begin to imagine what seeing them in person would be like!

i am glad the snow was able to reach you all the way out spain, even if it didn't stick.

happy birthday!

everett

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Tara! Beautiful pics. Don't forget to study something! ;) tammy d.